95 Phonics Core Program™
K-Grade 3: Phonics Strand
Taught Whole-Class during the Tier 1 Reading Block
95 Phonics Core Program™ introduction with Dr. Susan Hall, retired Co-Founder and CEO 95 Percent Group
Strengthen your ELA curriculum and improve student outcomes by adding our evidence-based 95 Phonics Core Program™ to your daily reading block to close skill gaps and reduce the number of students requiring intervention.
Improve Literacy Outcomes for ALL Students
Our 95 Phonics Core Program™ was created in response to the high number of customer requests for a phonics resource that was grounded in the Science of Reading and the Principles of Structured Literacy which was non-existent in their required ELA curriculums.
These same educators saw the measurable gains among students receiving intervention instruction with 95 Percent Group materials and they wanted a program that used our explicit, systematic, and sequential phonics instructional practices to replicate such outcomes with all students.
Each K-3 Grade Level 95 Phonics Core Program™ Classroom Kit includes:
- Teacher's Editions: Scripted, easy to follow lesson plans requiring minimal prep
- Digital Presentation: Allows for both in-person and remote teaching to guide instruction
- Student Workbook Sets: For in-class application or to send home in case of school closures
- Manipulatives: Individual sets of phonics chips for hands-on sound-spelling mapping
- Sound-Spelling Cards: Set of full color 6"x9" grade-appropriate cards (K-2) or Classroom Syllable Posters (Grade 3)
- Additional Ancillary Materials: Spelling Lists, Summative Assessments, Parent Instructions, and other teacher support can be accessed from our secure customer portal
- Product Training Video: This one-hour session can be accessed on-demand and provides a program overview and tips for teaching the lessons; more comprehensive Professional Development is available virtually or in-person with our experienced consultants for an additional fee
95 Phonics Core Program™ instructional components include:
- Letter-sound correspondence
- Letter formation instruction and practice (K)
- Suggestions for developing print concepts to explicit instruction in blending CVC words (K-1)
- Phonological awareness warm-ups
- Phonics patterns demonstrated and practiced hands-on with phonics chips
- Phoneme-grapheme mapping including phonemic awareness
- High-frequency word practice
- Orthographic mapping
- Writing words, word chains, sentences, and short responses to passage reading
- Word and phrase fluency practice
- Weekly spelling lesson lists designed to reinforce the focus pattern, review previous patterns, and assess mastery of high-frequency words
- Practice applying phonics knowledge to read decodable text
- Instruction in morphological units including common prefixes, suffixes, and Latin roots
- Instruction and practice in the use of comprehension processes through oral discussions and written responses after reading decodable texts
- End-of-unit assessments for monitoring progress
Download the Program Overview and Sample Lessons
Complete the form to download our complimentary 95 Phonics Core Program™ product overview, sample lessons and efficacy study.
For additional information contact your 95 Percent Group Sales Representative or email email@example.com.